Wednesday, March 2, 2016

MY CLEVEREST DECISION...



Receiving Sir C.V. Raman Research Award from IET
I, Kumanan. N,  pursuing my final year B. E Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Annai Vailankanni College of Engineering, Kanyakumari. My native is Salem. I got a lateral entry admission in the college through counselling. When I entered the college, I was uncertain about the cleverness of my decision but right now I feel blessed for choosing AVCE. My talents were recognised and plentiful opportunities were provided to enhance them. By the abundant support of our College Management, Heads of the Departments and staff, I have presented research papers in 8 National level Symposia, 2 National level Conferences, 2 International Conferences and 9 workshops in various districts in Tamil nadu , Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.

Addressing the media during the launch of APJ Kalam Model Boat
'Project Development' is considered as an intrinsic part of Engineering Education in our College. Special schedules are framed for discussing the technological innovations and for the development of projects. Our Chairman motivates us by providing several funding resources for our projects. Infact, the funding resources have won us a wide recognition for our projects. I have succesfully done a 'Zigbee based Wireless Yaw Motor Control in Windmills' as mini project and 'Solar Powered Tricycle for Fish Vending Women,' a socio-economic project funded by IEEE ADSF SIGHT. The research fellowship sponsored Rs. 1,20,000 and the college management funded Rs. 25,000 for the successful completion of the project. Another project worth Rs. 35,000 is awaiting funding approval.
AVCE imparts equal importance to Entrepreneurship as well as Placement in Industries. Some of our seniors have started small scale industries and are successful in their endeavour. In addition, a few students have plans to start a small scale industry based on our project 'Solar Powered Tricycle for Fish Vending Women.' Several free value added trainings are provided in our College for the software such as LABVIEW, MULTISIM, MAT LAB, C, C++, JAVA, HTML, PHP, ANDROID DEVELOPMENT, EMBEDDED C and AUTOCAD, along with Communication and leadership skills. I am sure that the value added trainings will definitly reflect on our successful placements.
I'm very sure that joining AVCE is the cleverest decision I have made in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment